Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Evie's first fat lip and some cute videos...

Evie and I were playing in the living room tonight. She was running across the room, crashing into the couch, giggling hysterically, running back to me, giggling hysterically, etc. etc. And it's funny... even as she was doing it, and even as I was laughing at her silliness, I could *distinctly* hear Denise Goodale's (my mom) voice in my head: "It will only end in tears." (This was her mantra in my formative years.)

And it did, when Evie tripped on the rug on her way back to me and bashed her face against my knee. Lots of tears, lots of "real" blood, and one decidedly adorable fat lip.



Evie likes to remind me often, just in case I would be inclined toward forgetfulness:



I'm not sure I could say the same thing about myself, but I am pretty sure Evie is smarter than a fifth-grader (or at least smarter than your average 17-month-old). :)

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Great googly moogly. That kid is SMART.

nanajobx said...

of course she is..but what is on her arm??
love the look in her eyes on the fat lip pic

Melody Strayer said...

Mom, they are her "tats"... I realized after the fact that it looks like some kind of giant birth mark or bruise or something.

Dirkey said...

good grief, you just made my ovaries hurt with the cuteness.. When do I get to see you, say the word mama. Goodness knows, I'm free :)

ctf said...

So stinkin cute. I can't wait to come over and play. :)